Today we are extremely happy to announce an all new AeroGear UnifiedPush Server!
The UnifiedPush Server comes with a completely rewritten Angular.js based UI and is now powered by Keycloak! Thanks to the Keycloak team for the great work they delivered helping the AeroGear team to make the Keycloak integration happen.
Getting started w/ the new server is still very simple:
- Setup a database (here is an example for the H2 Database engine. Copy into $JBOSS/standalone/deployments)
- Download the two WAR files (core and auth) and copy into $JBOSS/standalone/deployments
- Start the JBoss server
The 0.11.0 release contains a lot of new features, here is a more detailed list:
- Keycloak Integration for user management
- Angular.js based AdminUI
- Metrics and Dashboard for some Analytics around Push Messages
- Code snippet UI now supports Swift
- and a lot of fixes and other improvements! See JIRA for all the items
Besides the improvements on the server, we also have some Quickstarts to help you get going with the Push Server
- Push HelloWorld for Android, Apache Cordova and iOS (ObjC and Swift)
- Push-enabled Mobile Contacts Database
The HelloWorld is a set of simple clients that show how to register a device with the UnifiedPush Server. On the Admin UI of the server you can use the “Send Push” menu to send a message to the different applications, running on your phone.
Mobile Contacts Quickstart
The Mobile Contacts Quickstart is a Push-enabled CRUD example, containing several client applications (Android, Apache Corodva and iOS) and a JavaEE-based backend. The backend app is a secured (Picketlink) JAX-RS application which sends out push messages when a new contact has been created. Sometimes the backend (for a mobile application) has to run behind the firewall. For that the quickstart contains a Fabric8 based Proxy server as well.
Thanks again to the Keycloak team for their assistance.
Now, get your hands dirty and send some push messages! We hope you like the new server!
We are now polishing the server for the 1.0.0 push release this summer. See the roadmap for details.